Spring Spirulina pastas are like normal pastas, just with more protein, vitamins and minerals than your standard pasta because they are enriched with spirulina. They are more filling and satisfying than regular pasta, so less pasta (and less calories) need to be consumed to feel full. They also have less fat, zero cholesterol and are 100% vegan - the perfect guilt-free super pasta.
We keep it simple: 96% durum wheat, 4% dry spirulina, nothing else!
Spring Spirulina pasta contains 10g of protein per serving! As well as calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, thiamin, riboflavin and zinc!
Our spirulina pasta is an excellent source of iron which reduces tiredness and supports normal cognitive function (helps your brain work!). Our pasta is also a source of protein which helps in tissue building and growth (hello muscles), as well as vitamin A which supports a healthy immune system and normal vision. Vegan friendly, non-GMO and all round super food.
SPRING SPIRULINA LINGUINE
YIELD: Serves 4
350 calories per serving
PREP TIME: 15-20 minutes
• 250g (8 ounces) approximately ½ box Spring Spirulina Linguine
• 12g (2 cups) fresh basil leaves (no stems)
• 3 medium cloves of garlic
• 20g (2 tablespoons) raw pine nuts
• 60ml (4 tablespoons) olive oil
• 100g (3/4 cup) finely grated Parmesan or vegan alternative
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until finely minced OR hand chop basil, garlic and pine nuts into a very fine mince then add the grated cheese.
2. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a 5-quart pot. Season with salt; add Spring Spirulina Linguine and cook, stirring occasionally. Drain.
3. Mix the basil pesto sauce with the linguine and serve in warm bowls.