Spring Spirulina pastas are like normal pastas, just with more protein, vitamins and minerals than your standard pasta because they are enriched with spirulina. They are more filling and satisfying than regular pasta, so less pasta (and less calories) need to be consumed to feel full. They also have less fat, zero cholesterol and are 100% vegan - the perfect guilt-free super pasta.
We keep it simple: 96% durum wheat, 4% dry spirulina
Spring Spirulina pasta contains 10g of protein per serving! As well as calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, thiamin, riboflavin and zinc!
Our spirulina pasta is an excellent source of iron which reduces tiredness and supports normal cognitive function (helps your brain work!). Our pasta is also a source of protein which helps in tissue building and growth (hello muscles), as well as vitamin A which supports a healthy immune system and normal vision. Vegan friendly, non-GMO and all round super food.
SPRING SPIRULINA PENNE
YIELD: Serves 8
550 calories per serving
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
• 500g (1box) Spring Spirulina Penne
• 5 eggs (use egg substitute if vegan)
• 350g (3 cups) broccoli cut into pieces
• 30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
• 5ml (1 teaspoon) black pepper
• 60g (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano Reggiano or vegan alternative
1. Cook the Spring Spirulina Penne according to package directions and reserve 180ml of the pasta water.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the pasta water and black pepper.
4. Add the Spring Spirulina Penne to the skillet (or vice versa depending on pan size) toss well to combine all the ingredients and let it all rest for a few minutes to stick together a bit.
5. Serve with additional grated Parmigiano Reggiano or vegan cheese.